Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

New Lens

35mm lens,  f/1.8, 1/200
 I was fortunate enough to have a friend selling a camera lens that I was interested in.  I met up with Conrad for lunch and we caught up on lots of things.  I was nice to have lunch with an old friend!  I love my lens!  It's what I was looking for, for all the close ups I like to take.

My dad also bought a new camera this weekend.  Here is my mom & Ryu, as I try out his D90, 50mm f/1.8, built in flash (-3.0), & 1/200
My dad's camera with the same settings as above.
Same settings as the picture of Kira, with the 3 grandkids at Grandma & Grandpa's house.

1 comment:

  1. cute shot of Kira, and not bad of all 3 given the kids' moods in the chair haha

    other things I've learned:
    1. lowest f stop doesn't = best. each lens/camera has a sweet spot, still trying to find mine, but I think it's around 2, even though I can go to 1.4
    2. you might want to up your f stop when you're shooting kids since they're moving, and when you're that wide open, a slight change in plane and they're partially out of focus.
    3. when shooting multiple people, you should up your f stop so someone standing in back is still in focus.

    ReplyDelete