Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

A friend of mine, who got it from a blog that she follows, posted on her blog "Insta Fridays", basically she was posting her mobile photos & recapping her week.  I thought I would do the same.  Yeah, I know I am a total follower!  I admit I am not very creative but I look like it because of my friends & family & of course whatever I find on Pintrest!
Anyways here's a recap of my weekend.

Meet Cesar, my brother's new puppy! He's basically had him for a week, & since he had to go to a wedding this weekend, I was more than happy to babysit him.  Little did we know that hurricane Irene was on its way, & instead of watching him for 2 nights it turned out to 4 nights.  No biggie, nothing I can't handle, until I wanna go out with the kids & my husband who works nights can't sleep cuz the Cesar is barking up a storm.  I will miss him when he finally goes home tomorrow.  He was so much fun to cuddle with!

Here is my Kira.  What can I say about these pics?  If you don't already know she is my little hoarder!  She loves to carry these little toys with her & I finally told her she needed a bag to carry all these little toys in.  Of course I get her a little bag but she has her mind made up that she needs this enormous bag!  She also can't leave the house without her ginormous pillow.  Yes, she did go into the store with it, as many mothers out their know, there are just some battles not worth fighting!

Last week, Ryu had his belt test.  I was so nervous all week, cuz they said if you don't hear from them by Wed night, than your child has passed.  I swear it was like nursing school all over again, waiting for the results.  I do not miss those feelings at all!  I thought I would be done with the worrisome waiting, but now that has just transferred unto my kids.  Arghhh!  I will never get rid of that crap!  Anyways on a brighter note, he did pass!!! ( I always knew he would do well, but if you see how he does his front roll, you would have doubts, too)  He said good-bye to his white belt & now he is a white +( white belt with a black stripe, they also call it half black belt). Since he is only 6, that's the belt he advances to, instead of the yellow belt.  If he was 7, he would've gotten the yellow belt, but with his age they go through striped belts.  Very proud of you, Ryu Kai!

Ever since my SIL introduced me to Pintrest I have been so hooked.  In one of the things my friend pinned, (a old picture frame, with scrapbook paper & hot glued a metal clip, so you can easily interchange pictures), I thought it was a great idea for the wall that Ryu's bed is against.  I am so tired of looking at the plain white wall, (since he has no headboard), & he can also put his favorite artwork up, too.  So that was my project this weekend.

I seem to be doing a project each weekend, which is awesome since I have been so inspired lately ( AKA taking other people's ideas from Pintrest ;) )  I need to post my DIY camera bag!  My dad, (yes, my dad) taught me how to use the ancient sewing machine, & I made my own padding for a camera bag that I can interchange with my other bags.  (Guess where I got the idea from???)  Anyways, after putting the ancient machine through my torture, it finally said good bye. ;(  So my parents, are getting me a new sewing machine for my birthday!!! YAY!

Thanks to terratalking.com, for all your inspiration lately, especially for the Insta Fridays!
TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment